What is premature ejaculation?
Premature ejaculation happens when a male does not have the capacity to delay ejaculation shortly after engaging in sexual intercourse. This can happen before or after penetration, or even during masturbation.
Premature ejaculation can either be a lifelong issue that happens with nearly any sexual encounter or it can be an acquired later in life where a person experienced previous sexual experiences without this problem.
What causes premature ejaculation in males?
Though there isn’t an exact cause of premature ejaculation in males, it is believed to be caused by psychological or biological factors.
Psychologically, a male may have issues with premature ejaculation due to:
– A completely new sexual experience
– An early sexual experience, for those who are just beginning to have sex regularly
– Low self esteem
– Poor body image
– Anxiety about sexual performance
– Anxiety about related issues
– Worrying about ejaculating too soon
– Guilt which may cause a person to unconsciously rush through a sexual experience
– Experiencing relationship problems
Of course, there can be other psychological causes that cause premature ejaculation.
Premature ejaculation can be caused by some biological issues, some of which may be reversible, including:
– Abnormal hormone levels
– Abnormal neurotransmitter (brain chemicals) activity
– Prostate inflammation or infection
– Urethra inflammation or infection
– Inherited traits
Other contributing influences that may increase the overall risk of premature ejaculation include:
– Occasional or consistent erectile dysfunction
– Stress involving any facet of life
If you are suffering from premature ejaculation consistently, to the point where it is hurting the quality of life, it is time to see a professional. If left untreated, further complications can arise. Internal stress and relationship strain may occur if you are suffering with premature ejaculation. Premature ejaculation can also cause fertility problems, making male fertilization very difficult.
Though it may be embarrassing to discuss ejaculation problems with your doctor, it is important to address the issue before it takes a serious toll on you. The sooner you seek help, the sooner you can get your life back on track.
If you’re experiencing premature ejaculation, call the team at Premier Men’s Medical Center now to schedule an appointment to have a consultation with their experienced and specially trained medical staff.