Table of Contents
Do you feel tired all the time? Does your lack of energy make it hard for you to live your daily life?
You may be suffering from fatigue.
Fatigued individuals feel that even the most basic chores are difficult to accomplish. When a person is continuously weary, it might cause them to lose sexual interest.
If your fatigue is interfering with your active and sexual life, talk to a medical professional about it. The quicker you figure out your problem, the sooner you can find a solution and live an active life again.
What Does Fatigue Mean?
Fatigue is a term used to describe prolonged feelings of tiredness. It may often stem from other health-related ailments, such as a weakened immune system or chronic conditions.
Fatigue makes it hard for you to concentrate or perform tasks at a relatively normal level. In worst cases, it can even become more permanent and be classified as chronic fatigue syndrome, or CFS for short.
Fatigue caused by CFS affects individuals for six months and makes people feel extremely worn out after physical or mental strain.
It’s important to note that fatigue is not the same as weakness or a drowsiness spell. Everyone feels tired and sleepy at some point, but this can usually be resolved after a good night’s rest.
Fatigue is a prolonged state of extreme exhaustion that isn’t easily relieved with sleep. It may be the result of underlying medical conditions that are affecting your body.
What Are Some Signs of Fatigue or Extreme Exhaustion?
Around 20% of Americans claim to have extreme fatigue at any given time.
The following are some signs and symptoms associated with fatigue:
- Unexplained weight loss
- Not getting enough sleep or other sleep disorders
- Decreased sex drive or sexual dysfunction from low libido
- Feeling drained of energy
- Muscle weakness
- Headaches and/or migraines
- Mental health problems
- Trouble concentrating for a normal amount of time
Chronic fatigue is hard to overcome, but there are lifestyle improvements you can take to relieve the common symptoms of extreme tiredness.
Four Categories When Fatigue is More Than Just Being Tired
There are several causes of fatigue. Some men experience fatigue because of stress, depression, or lack of sleep.
Fatigue may also be further triggered by major life changes, such as moving to a new town or the death of a loved one.
Fatigue may be divided into four main categories, which includes:
- Workplace-related issues: Staying awake during long work hours or working in a very fast-paced environment.
- Medical conditions: Chronic pain, sleep apnea, arthritis, thyroid disorders, and other ailments that can sap your energy.
- Poor lifestyle choices: Drug or alcohol addiction, smoking cigarettes, being obese, lack of exercise, etc can contribute to fatigue.
- Emotional triggers: Death in the family, depression, and a bad environment can lead to symptoms of fatigue.
It can also be caused by a variety of the aforementioned factors working together.
When Should You Visit a Doctor?
Around 1.5 million people in Australia visit their doctors for their fatigue each year.
If your fatigue lasts for several days and is starting to affect your everyday life, you should consider seeking medical help.
You should visit a medical specialist about fatigue if you exhibit any of the following:
- Your symptoms interfere with any strenuous physical or mental activity such as work or socializing.
- You’ve taken steps to manage stress and get ample sleep but nothing seems to be working.
- You feel like you can’t complete day-to-day tasks and need to take naps during the day.
- Extreme fatigue isn’t relieved after taking the necessary steps to treat your health.
- You are diagnosed with other symptoms and medical conditions.
- Your mental health is in a bad state or you believe you have depression.
- You have sleeping disorders like sleep apnea.
- You’re experiencing unintentional weight loss.
- You feel disoriented when trying to remember simple things, such as an appointment.
- Your body temperature is higher than normal.
If you’ve established routines to stop feeling tired but without any success, it’s time to schedule an appointment with a medical professional.
Whether you’re suffering from fatigue because of lifestyle choices or other issues, the solution is to talk to professionals about it so they can prescribe medical treatment and reduce your symptoms.
How Sexual Health Doctors Help to Reduce Men’s Fatigue
Your doctor will try to get to the root of your fatigue first, as it can come from various sources. Once your doctor has pinpointed the source, you will be given the proper treatment.
An often-overlooked source of fatigue is low testosterone levels in the body.
According to Harvard, testosterone levels slow down in men by 1 to 2% once they reach 40 each year.
Testosterone is a hormone that’s vital in maintaining strength in muscles and high bone density.
When a man has low testosterone, this can cause them to develop symptoms such as weight gain, sleep problems, and a reduced sex drive.
These symptoms, in turn, can make men feel chronically tired all the time.
If a doctor suspects you to have a case of low T, they’ll prescribe blood tests to get acquainted with your condition.
It’s best to disclose your medical history to your doctor to give them the full picture of your health so that they can prescribe appropriate treatment plans.
Ways to Treat Chronic Fatigue
First and foremost, it’s important to recognize that fatigue is a symptom, not a disease.
This means that you should know the reason why you feel fatigued.
Nonetheless, there are some ways you can manage your symptoms.
Here are five ways to treat fatigue.
- Getting at least 7 to 8 hours of sleep every night
- Maintaining healthy eating habits
- Getting adequate amounts of physical activity
- Drinking enough liquids every day
- Doing mindfulness exercises like meditating and breathing
By following positive lifestyle habits, you can drastically reduce the symptoms of fatigue and get back to your daily activities.
Contact a Sexual Health Physician about Treating Fatigue
Fatigue is a common condition that can be caused by a variety of chronic diseases and lifestyle factors.
Severe fatigue can be caused by diseases like diabetes or mental health issues, or it can arise due to terrible working conditions taking a toll on your body.
That’s why it’s important to contact a medical professional to diagnose you. If your symptoms are connected with your sexual organs, you should visit with a sexual health expert about adrenal fatigue to help you get through your condition.
The medical professionals at Premier Men’s Medical Center specialize in treating conditions that impact men’s health. Our concierge approach positions your unique case at the centerpoint of our focus. We treat the underlying issues that led to conditions such as ED, Low Testosterone, and more. Contact our Orlando office today to schedule an appointment.